Welcome to my media and personalized learning blog!

Blog post #9

The guest and their steps in building a podcast relying on a PLN

This week’s guest, Mo Amir, discusses how he first began his podcast in 2018, for fun or as a hobby. His podcast first began in Vancouver B.C through a variety of different connections he had. Through a variety of connections, such as having a well-known guest on his podcast he was able to extend his audience dramatically and over time made it to the top 20 on the podcasting charts! With having a well-known guest Mo Amir discusses how an audience can really grow as that individual’s fans, and peers will then begin to listen to what you have to say because of this connection you have with a specific individual. Amir also showcases through the interview how throughout the podcast he continuously shares and talked about topics that he resonates with and stuck true to himself which makes it that much more rewarding to get to such a popular level as the top 20. Before the podcast was started, Amir was not involved in the Twitter community but, once he began podcasting he joined the app. He learned that Twitter is made up of several different communities that allowed him to interact with others with the same interests. This app is to be what Amir claims is the most influential and effective way for his podcast to be known to others while learning and connecting with others along the way. Before the podcast, Amir was not aware of the effect social media could have on such a thing but getting involved helped him get on top! 

Can your PLN be used to help professional development post-course? If yes, how? If not, what limitations exist? 

It is personally believed that yes, after this class is over, that my PLN will be able to use it for professional development. Through the use of LinkedIn, I have the opportunity to not only expand the information in my PLN but also professional relationships. By using  LinkedIn also get the opportunity to look for connections that can help me to further my professional life altogether but also the opportunity to look for potential internships, jobs using some of my background knowledge. This PLN also gives me to opportunity and platform to discuss and connect with people who I may need to get closer to and learn from in the future. 

Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities? 

My PLN I believe most definitely can be used and relied upon when looking into potential professional learning opportunities. Using a PLN is not only an easy way to showcase your qualities but also can contribute to an accurate representation of your life and who you are. Many people will be truthful about their abilities when it comes to a professional career as they want to be the most capable for specific occupations. PLN ‘s provide an easy way to also get in touch with individuals hiring for professional jobs making it that much easier! PLN’s are a fantastic way to portray yourself to the public and professional world!

Previous

Blog post #8

Next

Final Project!

1. jiayir

Hello Ryann! I agree with your opinion of be truthful of their job opportunity. With the development of market economy, personal integrity has not only become the primary value norm that individuals must establish in social life, but also a necessary item that units pay attention to when selecting talents. Many job seekers are eager to find jobs, and the materials they provide are more or less mixed with “moisture”. Instead of using PLN to apply a job don’t have to worry about deceive and conceal because people will always leave traces on the internet.